Summer|Fall Beauty & Fashion Internship
Primadonna magazine offers unpaid internships in several departments: editorial, photography, marketing and sales.
Only students in an academic program requiring internship or co-op experience will be considered.
Interns work a minimum of three days a week, Monday to Friday, 10 am to 4pm.
A keen interest in magazines and digital media are essential. All interns should be detail oriented and organized, with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to juggle multiple demands and meet deadlines. Experience dealing with public relations people and a good phone manner are assets.
Internships in the Editorial department fall into five categories: digital, features, research, fashion and beauty. Job responsibilities and daily duties include assisting editors with print, digital and all-around functioning of the magazine including processing invoices, administrative tasks, phone reception, attending daily news meetings and more.
Specific duties related to each Editorial area include:
Digital: all aspects of building web posts from story inception and research to sourcing and loading artwork.
Features: transcribing interviews, researching and contributing stories for print and web.
Research: assist copy department with the editing and checking of stories for the magazine.
Fashion: handling of merchandise used on set, assisting on shoots.
Beauty: transcribing interviews, researching and contributing beauty stories for print and web, organizing beauty merchandise and the beauty closet.
If you are applying for an Editorial internship, please include your top three areas of preference from the five listed above.
Opportunities available: Photography, Graphic Design, Marketing Sales, Television Production, Fashion Assistant, Executive Assistant to the Editor -In-Chief, Photo Editing, Fashion Show| Editorial Assistant and Contributing Writers.
Please send your resume to the specified email address above and include a cover letter stating which internship you are interested in and why. Please also include a recent photo and your desired start date.
Summer|Fall Beauty & Fashion Marketing Internship
Primadonna Media is a boutique Media company, we are seeking interns to become a part of our vibrant Fashion & Beauty Marketing division , working on clients focused in the hair, beauty and fashion industries. Primadonna Media associates has provided top-notch, public relations campaign services to clients specialized in the beauty, fashion, lifestyle, editorial, nonprofit and entertainment arenas. We are seeking sharp, enthusiastic interns with a desire to master the real-world PR/Marketing experience while providing substantive value to our media team and beauty industry and nonprofit clients! This internship is ideal for college seniors and recent college graduates.
Internship Term: April 2018- July 2018
Required Hours: 10-20 hours weekly
– Collaborate on strategic PR campaigns that drive premium media impressions, partnership opportunities, word of mouth buzz and bottom- line sales opportunities.
– Identify and engage target media contacts, influencers, campaign partners and brand ambassadors.
– Produce content for press materials ,multimedia press releases, byline articles, media alerts, press kits, tip sheets, etc.
-blog on sites, social media profiles & amp; pages, collateral materials, email communications, etc.
– Coordinate PR events including: press events, engagement events, product launches, multi-city tours, etc.
– Prepare media reports to track the success of PR activities.
– Provide admin support.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES/CREDENTIALS:
– Amazing computer, social media, phone and writing skills are a plus!
– Strong research skills to identify potential PR opportunities.
– Minimum 1-2 years of experience in PR or marketing fields is. ideal!
– Ability to speak and write clearly and concisely in English.
– Ability to work well under pressure and meet project deadlines.
– Must be at least 18 years of age with (or pursuing) a BS/BA in English, Communication, Journalism, Business, Marketing, Entrepreneurship or a related field.
– Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Photo-shop, Illustrator, Constant Contact and multiple Social Media platforms.